Pet Friendly Accommodations
Bring your "best friend"!
At Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina, we know it is important to include your “best friend” on a family vacation. At our Resort, True Key Vacations offers a limited number of vacation rentals that are designated Pet Friendly. Please review the below information to find out how you can enjoy a vacation in Sooke with your pet.
Pets are only allowed in a few True Key Vacation properties. These are marked as ‘pet friendly’ under the amenities of the vacation rentals listed on the booking website. Should a pet be found in any non-pet-friendly home, a $500 fine will be charged to the guest’s credit card.
Please notify True Key Vacations prior to arrival when bringing a pet, guests who do not request a pet friendly suite upon booking cannot be guaranteed that one will be available upon arrival.
Pet Fee: $25/night per pet (plus applicable taxes) – Maximum 2 pets per vacation property
• All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 50 lbs.
b. Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
• All pets must be leashed at all times.
• Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse.
• Excessive barking or causing disturbance to neighbours may result in fine or eviction.
• Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
• Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
• Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
• Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
• Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
• The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
• Please note that guests who bring pets into unauthorized vacation rental properties will face a charge of $500 to deep clean the accommodation following their stay.
Pet Travel Tips:
Here are some great tips for traveling with your pet:
- Ensure your pet is in good physical health before traveling.
- Make sure you bring a crate or kennel.
- Have your address and phone number on your pet's collar.
- Research the area for local veterinarians.
- Do not leave your animals in the car when the weather is warm.
- Bring food and water bowls along with food and water.
- Bring plastic bags so you can clean up after your pet.
- Bring a recent photo so you can accurately describe your pet if they get lost.