Frequently Asked Questions
Find Out More About the Resort
It’s nice to know what to expect when you go on vacation, right? So if you’re considering staying with us, but still have some questions, check the list below for answers to questions we regularly hear from guests.
Don’t See Your Question?
When Can I Check In? Check Out?
Check In: 4:00 p.m. If you’re going to check-in after hours, please call the resort in advance for check-in procedures.
Check-Out: 10:00 a.m. If you require a late check-out, please contact the Front Desk and we will do our best to accommodate you.
How do you Guarantee my Reservation?
Guests must be 19 years of age and have a valid credit card to make a reservation. In order to guarantee your reservation, a deposit will be required at time of booking. Please see the deposit schedule below.
- 1-26 night stays – a deposit equal to first night room and tax will be taken at time of reservation.
- 27+ night stays – a deposit of 50% of the booking total will be taken at time of reservation.
- 120+ night stays – first month and last month deposit will be taken at time of reservation.
- Non-refundable offers and the Advanced Purchase Rate – the full amount of room and tax will be taken at time of reservation.
What is Your Cancellation Policy?
To receive a full refund of deposit, reservations must be cancelled prior to the time frames listed below.
- 1-6 night stays – reservation must be cancelled prior to 72-hours of arrival.
- 7-26 night stays – reservation must be cancelled prior to 7-days of arrival.
- 27+ night stays – reservation must be cancelled prior to 30-days of arrival.
- Non-refundable offers and the Advanced Purchase Rate – no cancellations or refunds will be issued for these rate types.
Are Pets Allowed?
We do have some pet-friendly accommodations at the resort, which are available on request when booking. Please make sure to let us know if you’re bringing your pet in order to avoid penalties.For more information, visit our Pet-Friendly Accommodations page.
Can I Smoke?
Sooke Harbour Resort & Marina is a non-smoking resort and smoking is allowed only in designated areas. A $250.00 charge will be incurred if you are discovered smoking in one of the vacation rental suites.
What About Housekeeping?
Your suite is only cleaned upon departure. Daily housekeeping is available for an additional fee. Please ask our reservation agents for more information.
Where Can I Park?
All of our vacation rentals have car-port parking for 2 standard-sized vehicles. The upper parking lot is available for over-sized and additional vehicles for a fee of $10/day.
Do I Need a Car?
We highly recommend bringing a vehicle. Although there is public transportation available between Sooke and Victoria, it is very limited, and the nearest grocery store is a 25 to 30-minute walk away.
Is There a Restaurant at the Resort?
There’s no restaurant directly on-site, but there is one within a 2-minute walk of the resort.
What About Internet Access?
Yes! All of our accommodations have their own wireless internet access.
What Can I Do in Sooke?
Lots! You can go whale watching, fishing, mountain biking, hiking, or any number of other amazing outdoor excursions. And let’s not forget our local spas, wine tours, golfing, and more. Check out our Local Attractions and Activities pages for more ideas.