Journey to the Water’s Edge
Connect with your inner adventurer while walking among the giants in the old-growth rainforests, and rid yourself of every day stressors. As you begin to embrace island time, take in the natural wonders and explore the abundance of local eateries, craft distilleries, and bucket-list activities that Vancouver Island has to offer.
Things to do in Sooke
The waters surrounding Sooke are filled with trophy-sized salmon and halibut, as well as snapper, crabs, clams, prawns and more. The gentle currents and rich biodiversity make this region ideal for world-class fishing. Regardless of your age and skill level, the professional guides working right out of our marina are able to customize the perfect day for you and your family or small group. Alternatively, if you own your own boat, and would like to fish the Juan de Fuca Strait, daily, weekly, monthly, or annual moorage is available at our 114-slip secure marina.
With all the sights to see in Sooke, it’s not unusual to work up quite an appetite. One question that is asked by every single visitor, is “Where should we eat? But, with so many dining options – it can be difficult to decide. Much of the West Coast cuisine reflects the harvest and season. Owners of Wild Mountain Restaurant, Oliver Kienast and Brooke Fader are strong believers in collaborating with local gardeners, farmers, and foragers. While the restaurant is currently closed due to COVID-19, the patio is open and available for take-out.
Biking has been growing in popularity for years. Sooke is the perfect place for leisurely rides through quiet forests, rural landscapes, and deserted backroads – providing the perfect mix of fitness and solitude. You can strap your bicycle to a bus rack and head out into the countryside, or head out on the Galloping Goose Trail, a 55km trail that runs from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal to Victoria and then onto Sooke and Leechtown.
There is no better place in the world to view whales and other marine life than the southern tip of Vancouver Island. This area is recognized as of if the most predictable places to see these great marine mammals. Adventures by HIP is offering a private charter for up to five people on their ‘Baleen Queen of Sooke’ tour.
Whether it is the intrinsic beauty of a well-manicured golf course at dawn or the feeling that rings through your hands when you’ve struck the perfect shot, there is truly something captivating about the game of golf. Golf enthusiasts can find a pleasant mix of short, medium and championship courses in and around Sooke that can accommodate players of all skill levels with courses such as Bear Mountain and Olympic View.
Reasons to Extend Your Stay
- We’re easy to get to – just a short flight or scenic drive to the Island
- Our weather is very mild, even the nearby golf courses are open year-round
- We offer a safe and relaxing environment by the ocean
- Flexible cancellation policies – we understand if plans change
- Close to community amenities – within 5 minutes to grocery stores, restaurants, retail, pharmacies and local attractions
- Our accommodations are perfect for family holidays (ask us about a discount if you require 3 or more rooms for family visitors!)
- You can bring your “best friend” (the dog)! Our Resort offers suites that are designated Pet Friendly – Please notify the Resort prior to arrival when bringing a pet.