Supporting Local this Holiday Season
Although this year may look a little different, the arrival of the holiday season can still evoke a sense of joy and wonder. The smell of crisp pine, freshly baked goods, and even the odd eggnog can only mean one thing: Christmas is coming. This year, more than ever, it is important to consider shopping locally for your holiday gifts.
In Sooke, it’s especially easy to support local thanks to a diverse selection of local creators and experiences. We’ve put together your ultimate holiday inspiration guide, with all of our favourite things that you can find in the community.
- Create your own gift box bundle from Sheringham Distillery.
- Purchase an assortment of local chocolates from Xocolat.
- Pick up a charcuterie with local meat and cheese from Wild Mountain Food & Drink to enjoy at home or drop off at a loved one’s house.
- Gift a beer experience! Give a growler and a beer glass from Sooke Brewing Company.
- Purchase a Gift Certificate to one of our local restaurants for a loved one to enjoy take-out.
Treat your loved ones to something they’ve never done before! Give the gift of memories, instead of material items. Whether they like the gentler side of nature or an adrenaline-filled day, there are plenty of tour options to help explore our area like never before.
- Purchase a gift certificate to soar through the sky with Adrenaline Zipline Adventure Tours this Summer.
- Let a family member experience coastal wildlife on a whale watching and marine tour with Adventures by HIP.
- Gift the ultimate fishing experience with a full, or half-day charter.
- Purchase a gift card for a kayaking trip with West Coast Outdoor Adventures for you and a loved one.
Instead of gifting a department store bath kit, consider a truly authentic spa experience, like a professional massage, or even a relaxing stay. What’s best of all, is these can be booked or redeemed at a future date!
Essential oils, locally designed apparel, mugs thrown by local potters; these are just some of the many delights you can find in-store or online from many island-based artisans.
With online shopping, curb-side pick-up and socially distanced in-person shopping – it’s easy to check off everyone on your list. Please consider supporting local businesses this holiday season. We’re all in this together.